Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Progress is being made....

I'm struggling with getting this new feature to work. I didn't pre-write it this time because I need real data to test with. This requires replacing one form object with another and sort of "gimmicking" my way through getting them to work together. Most of the code I wrote originally was with the understanding that it would read data directly from the grid that you enter data on. Now it's going to be storing data in a different way and I have to re-write whole sections of code. That means not only do I have to write 200+ lines of code to handle a different data type, but I have to do it in a way that takes data from a new data structure. It's currently mostly lame as it is and I'm likely going to re-write it to be more processor friendly. *sigh* The work of genius is never complete. :(

EDIT: I'm making better progress now. Currently when you want to change something in, say, Eligor's Main script, you have to wait over 5 seconds for the changes to happen. This is because it's changing all the jump addresses for you (albeit, not very efficiently)
Now, because of the new structure I'm using it took a grand total of .765 seconds! That's going through the entire script about 160 times replacing jump addresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment