Friday, October 2, 2009

This is going to take a while...

I just thought of a new thing this should do, but it's going to take a while to make. Basically, I want to indicate to the user whether or not an attack is usable by a given enemy. There are two conditions to this:
1. The attack's index is LESS than 65535 (NULL)
2. The enemy's animation associated with each attack is LESS than 255 (NULL)
If these conditions are true the background color of the allowed attack will be window colored (usually white), indicating that the attack is usable. Otherwise the background color will be form colored (varies with desktop theme), indicating that it will cause an error if the enemy tries to use that attack.
If I REALLY REALLY wanted to go above and beyond, I'd make error checking on the AI. Accounting for allowed attacks and such. But I won't. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment